Ready to Launch
Any vessel with an intact Lake Tahoe inspection seal can launch at one of the regional ramps and marinas listed here. Boats without a seal are required to be inspected by Tahoe Resource Conservation District inspectors. To improve efficiency at launch sites, AIS inspection services are only provided at off-site inspection stations located around the Tahoe Region. As COVID-19 tourism and travel restrictions are lifted, inspection stations are preparing to open for boats from neighboring communities and around the western U.S.
Public Launch Ramps
Sand Harbor, Incline Village (NV State Parks) — Open 7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. October 15 Closed for the Season
Cave Rock, Glenbrook (NV State Parks) — Open Sunrise to Sunset year-round. Open 6am-4pm starting October 1 through April 30, 2021
Lake Forest, Tahoe City (TCPUD) — Open 6 a.m. – 7 p.m. Open 6am-4pm starting October 1 through April 30, 2021
El Dorado, South Lake Tahoe (CSLT) — Closed for the Season
Kings Beach Boat Launch (North Tahoe Watersports) —Open Friday thru Sunday 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. Open 7 days beginning June 15
Tahoe Vista Recreation Area, Kings Beach (NTPUD) —Open 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. through Sept. 13. Then weekends only. Closed for the Season September 27.
Private Launch Facilities
Please contact the following facilities directly for information on launching and hours of operation:
- North Tahoe Marina — To Be Announced
- Sierra Boat Company — Open
- Ski Beach Boat Ramp -IVGID — Open Residents Only
- Tahoe City Marina — Open
- Sunnyside Marina — To Be Announced
- Homewood Marina — Open
- Obexer’s Marina — Open
- Tahoe Keys Marina — Open
- Lakeside Marina — Open
- Fallen Leaf Lake Marina* – ATTENTION: All boats without a green Fallen Leaf Lake wire inspection seal must get an inspection at the Meyers, Spooner or Alpine Meadows inspection station prior to launch. Decontamination fees will apply. All non-motorized should always arrive Clean.Drain.Dry before launching here.
- Echo Lake Chalet* – ATTENTION: All boats without a yellow Echo Lake wire inspection seal must get an inspection at the Meyers, Spooner or Alpine Meadows inspection station prior to launch. Decontamination fees will apply. All non-motorized should always arrive Clean.Drain.Dry before launching here.
*NOTE: Non-motorized watercraft shall always be Clean.Drain.Dry prior to launching in a waterbody, even if you last visited Lake Tahoe.