Stickers and Fees
After passing inspection, you will receive a Tahoe inspection sticker (good for one year) and a Tahoe wire seal which attaches your boat to your trailer.
- There is NO fee for non-motorized watercraft.
- For vessels transported by a commercial hauler, call the AIS hotline: 888-824-6267
Tahoe In and Out Boat Annual Inspection Fees
- $35 — Personal Watercraft (PWC)
- $35 — Vessels up to 17′
- $75 — Vessels 17’1″ – 21′
- $86 — Vessels 21’1″ – 26′
- $98 — Vessels 26’1″ – 30′
- $121 — Vessels over 39′
Tahoe In & Out stickers are only available at roadside inspection stations and eligible for unlimited inspections during the calendar year purchased; decontamination fees may still apply.
* Tahoe In and Out Stickers include unlimited inspections and wire sealing/unsealing. Decontamination is not included in sticker fee.
Tahoe-Only Boat Annual Fees
$30 — All sealed vessels
Tahoe Only stickers are reserved for Tahoe wire inspection sealed boats from previous seasons that will only launch in Lake Tahoe.
- If your boat has its Tahoe wire seal still intact from a previous season, AND you plan to boat in Lake Tahoe ONLY, you may proceed directly to the launch facility of your choice to purchase your annual Tahoe Only sticker.
- Boats with Tahoe Only stickers that DO NOT have an intact Tahoe wire seal will be required to visit one of the roadside inspection stations for an inspection and will be required to upgrade their sticker to a Tahoe In & Out for the difference of the fee at that time; decontamination fees may apply.
** A boat owner can upgrade from a Tahoe Only Sticker to a Tahoe In and Out sticker by paying the difference between the two stickers.
Single Inspection Fees
- $33 — Personal Watercraft (PWC)
- $33 — Vessels up to 17′
- $55 — Vessels 17’1″ – 21′
- $66 — Vessels 21’1″ – 26′
- $78 — Vessels 26’1″ – 30′
- $101 — Vessels over 39′
Single Inspection pass is only available at roadside inspection locations and eligible for 1 inspection and 7 consecutive days of sealing at launch facilities on Lake Tahoe; decontamination fees may apply.
* Pass includes one inspection and wire sealing/unsealing valid for 7 consecutive days at any Tahoe launching facility. Decontamination is not included in sticker fee.
$35 — All vessels requiring a decontamination
* Additional $10 fee for the decontamination of ballast systems.