RAMP & INSPECTION STATION UPDATE
- Current Watercraft Inspection Fees (Payable by Visa or Mastercard ONLY)
- Commercially transported boats: please click HERE for information about inspection requirements.
Roadside Inspection Stations:
|Alpine Meadows Inspection Station, CA Off of Hwy 89 (River Rd) on Alpine Meadows Rd in the Deer Park parking lot across from the Transfer Station.||8:30-5:30, 7 days a week|
|Truckee-Tahoe Inspection Station, CA Off Hwy 267 and Truckee Airport Road, on Chandelle Way
|Meyers Inspection Station, CA 2175 Keetak Street, on the South Shore near the intersection of Highways 89 and 50. Turn on Pomo St. off of HWY 89.||8:30-5:30, 7 days a week|
|Spooner Summit Inspection Station, NV Near the intersection of Hwy 28 and US 50, off of HWY 28 in the Snow Park area. Larger vessels over 30′ should call 1-888-824-6267 for options.
||8:30-5:30, 7 days a week*|
|Homewood Inspection Station, CA Off of HWY 89 on the West Shore of Lake Tahoe in the Homewood Ski Resort parking lot.||CLOSED|
|NOTE: Summer season is May 1-September 30NOTE: Boats with Ballast Tanks require decontamination. To save yourself time and money please make sure they are dry and drained. Alpine and Meyers inspection stations have better infrastructure to handle ballast boats (more hoses and water).|
*Spooner Inspection Station scheduled closures/delays due to special events:
Saturday June 18th: delayed opening of 9am for Rock Tahoe Marathon
Public Launch Ramps
ALL trailered watercraft must have an intact Tahoe wire inspection seal to launch.
Summer Season: May 1st – Sept. 30th Winter Season: Oct 1st – April 30th
|Sand Harbor (NV St. Parks) After-hours haul outs are available but trailered vessels will not receive a Lake Tahoe Inspection Seal and will be required to have an inspection prior to launching into Lake Tahoe again.**Not recommended for any vessel over 14 feet long**||Monday – Wednesday: 7am to 3:30pmThursday – Sunday: 6am to 8 pm|
|Cave Rock (NV St. Parks)U.S. 50 Road Improvements Near Cave Rock Boat Ramp: Cave Rock State Park boaters and visitors should be aware of roadway improvements that the Nevada Department of Transportation will be making on U.S. 50 near Cave Rock. Click here for more information.||6am-8pm daily|
|Lake Forest (TCPUD) After-hours haul outs are available but trailered vessels will not receive a Lake Tahoe Inspection Seal and will be required to have an inspection prior to launching into Lake Tahoe again. Credit Card payments ONLY.||5am-7pm|
|Ski Beach/ Incline Village (IVGID)||8am-5pmstarting May 14 7am-8pm|
|El Dorado (S. Lake Tahoe) (CSLT)||CLOSED for the season|
|Coon Street (Kings Beach) (NTPUD)||CLOSED for the season
|Tahoe Vista (National Ave) (NTPUD)||CLOSED for the season
Private Launch Facilities
Please contact the following facilities directly for information on launching and hours of operation:
- North Tahoe Marina
- Sierra Boat Company
- Tahoe City Marina
- Sunnyside Marina
- Homewood Marina
- Obexer’s Marina
- Meeks Bay Marina- Closed for the season
- Camp Richardson Marina – No ramp or launching
- Tahoe Keys Marina
- Lakeside Marina
- Fallen Leaf Lake Marina – ATTENTION: All boats without a green Fallen Leaf Lake wire inspection seal must get an inspection at the Meyers, Spooner or Alpine Meadows inspection station prior to launch. Decontamination fees will apply.
- Echo Lake Chalet – ATTENTION: All boats without a yellow Echo Lake wire inspection seal must get an inspection at the Meyers, Spooner or Alpine Meadows inspection station prior to launch. Decontamination fees will apply.