RAMP & INSPECTION STATION UPDATE
- Current Watercraft Inspection Fees (Payable by Visa or Mastercard ONLY)
- Commercially transported boats: please click HERE for information about inspection requirements.
Roadside Inspection Stations:
|Alpine Meadows Inspection Station, CA Off of Hwy 89 (River Rd) on Alpine Meadows Rd in the Deer Park parking lot across from the Transfer Station.||8:30am-5:30pm 7 days a week|
|Truckee-Tahoe Inspection Station, CA Off Hwy 267, 10183 Truckee Airport Road, in parking lot behind Town Hall building
|Meyers Inspection Station, CA 2175 Keetak Street, on the South Shore near the intersection of Highways 89 and 50. Turn on Pomo St. off of HWY 89.||8:30am-5:30pm 7 days a week|
|Spooner Summit Inspection Station, NV Near the intersection of Hwy 28 and US 50, off of HWY 28 in the Snow Park area. Larger vessels over 30′ should call 1-888-824-6267 for options.
||8:30am-5:30pm 7 days a week See a list of event related closures and delays below|
|Homewood Inspection Station, CA Off of HWY 89 on the West Shore of Lake Tahoe in the Homewood Ski Resort parking lot.||CLOSED for the season|
|NOTE: Summer season is May 1-September 30
NOTE: Boats with Ballast Tanks require decontamination. To save yourself time and money please make sure they are dry and drained. Alpine and Meyers inspection stations have better infrastructure to handle ballast boats (more hoses and water).
Spooner Closures and Delays
The Spooner Inspection Station will have the following closures and delays due to events that need the space:
- July 18th and 19th: Closed all day
- August 22nd and 23rd: details to be determined
Public Launch Ramps
ALL trailered watercraft must have an intact Tahoe wire inspection seal to launch.
Summer Season: May 1st – Sept. 30th Winter Season: Oct 1st – April 30th
|Sand Harbor (NV St. Parks) After-hours haul outs are available but trailered vessels will not receive a Lake Tahoe Inspection Seal and will be required to have an inspection prior to launching into Lake Tahoe again.||CLOSED due to low water levels|
|Cave Rock (NV St. Parks)||6am-8pm daily|
|Lake Forest (TCPUD) After-hours haul outs are available but trailered vessels will not receive a Lake Tahoe Inspection Seal and will be required to have an inspection prior to launching into Lake Tahoe again. Credit Card payments ONLY.||5am-7pm
|Ski Beach/ Incline Village (IVGID)||7am-8pm|
|El Dorado (S. Lake Tahoe) (CSLT) 14′ boats and under only||CLOSED due to low water levels|
|Coon Street (Kings Beach) (NTPUD)||CLOSED due to low water levels
|Tahoe Vista (National Ave) (NTPUD)||CLOSED due to low water levels
Private Launch Facilities
Please contact the following facilities directly for information on launching and hours of operation:
- North Tahoe Marina
- Sierra Boat Company
- Tahoe City Marina
- Sunnyside Marina
- Homewood Marina
- Obexer’s Marina
- Meeks Bay Marina
- Camp Richardson Marina
- Tahoe Keys Marina
- Lakeside Marina
- Fallen Leaf Lake Marina – ATTENTION: All boats without a green Fallen Leaf Lake wire inspection seal must get an inspection at the Meyers, Spooner or Alpine Meadows inspection station prior to launch. Decontamination fees will apply.
- Echo Lake Chalet – ATTENTION: All boats without a yellow Echo Lake wire inspection seal must get an inspection at the Meyers, Spooner or Alpine Meadows inspection station prior to launch. Decontamination fees will apply.