RAMP & INSPECTION STATION UPDATE
Saturday April 25th: Cave Rock and Lake Forest will be closed due to some much needed winter weather.
UPDATE- Meyers, Spooner and Alpine Inspection stations are scheduled to open May 1st. Until then, inspections are available at Cave Rock and Lake Forest boat ramps.
UPDATE —LAKE FOREST: Lake Forest has been closed all winter due to a rehabilitation project. Lake Forest will be opening Wednesday April 15th.
- Wednesday through Sunday, 8am-4pm INSPECTIONS AVAILABLE, and sealed boats
- Monday & Tuesday, 8am-4pm SEALED BOATS ONLY (no inspections available)
- Starting May 1st—SEALED BOATS ONLY, Inspections available at Alpine, Spooner or Meyers Inspection Stations
- Current Watercraft Inspection Fees (Payable by Visa or Mastercard ONLY)
- Commercially transported boats: please click HERE for information about inspection requirements.
Roadside Inspection Stations:
|Alpine Meadows Ski Resort, CA Off of Hwy 89 (River Rd) on Alpine Meadows Rd in the Deer Park parking lot across from the Transfer Station.||Scheduled to open May 1st 8:30am-5:30pm7 days a week|
|Northstar at Tahoe Resort, CA Off of Hwy 267 on Northstar Drive. Take the 1st Right in the round-about into the Castle Peak parking lot.
||MOVING TO NEW LOCATION! Scheduled to open May 21st
|Meyers, CA 2175 Keetak Street, on the South Shore near the intersection of Highways 89 and 50. Turn on Pomo St. off of HWY 89.||Scheduled to open May 1st8:30am-5:30pm7 days a week|
|Spooner Summit, NV Near the intersection of Hwy 28 and US 50, off of HWY 28 in the Snow Park area. Larger vessels over 30′ should call 1-888-824-6267 for options.
||Scheduled to open May 1st
8:30am-5:30pm7 days a week
|Homewood Ski Resort, CA Off of HWY 89 on the West Shore of Lake Tahoe in the Homewood Ski Resort parking lot.||CLOSED for the season|
|NOTE: Summer season is May 1-September 30|
Public Launch Ramps
ALL trailered watercraft must have an intact Tahoe wire inspection seal to launch without an inspection from a Roadside Inspection Station during the summer season.
Summer Season: May 1st – Sept. 30th Winter Season: Oct 1st – April 30th
|Sand Harbor (NV St. Parks) After-hours haul outs are available but trailered vessels will not receive a Lake Tahoe Inspection Seal and will be required to have an inspection prior to launching into Lake Tahoe again.||CLOSED due to low water levels||CLOSED|
|Cave Rock (NV St. Parks)||6am-8pm daily||6am-4pm daily|
|Lake Forest (TCPUD) After-hours haul outs are available but trailered vessels will not receive a Lake Tahoe Inspection Seal and will be required to have an inspection prior to launching into Lake Tahoe again. Credit Card payments ONLY.||8am-4pm
|Ski Beach/ Incline Village (IVGID)||7am-8pm||Reservations only|
|El Dorado (S. Lake Tahoe) (CSLT) 14′ boats and under only||CLOSED due to low water levels||CLOSED|
|Coon Street (Kings Beach) (NTPUD)||CLOSED due to low water levels
|Tahoe Vista (National Ave) (NTPUD)||CLOSED due to low water levels
Private Launch Facilities
Please contact the following facilities directly for information on launching and hours of operation:
- North Tahoe Marina
- Sierra Boat Company
- Tahoe City Marina
- Sunnyside Marina
- Homewood Marina
- Obexer’s Marina
- Meeks Bay Marina
- Camp Richardson Marina
- Tahoe Keys Marina
- Lakeside Marina
- Fallen Leaf Lake Marina – ATTENTION: All boats without a green Fallen Leaf Lake wire inspection seal must get an inspection at the Meyers, Spooner or Alpine Meadows inspection station prior to launch. Decontamination fees will apply.
- Echo Lake Chalet – ATTENTION: All boats without a yellow Echo Lake wire inspection seal must get an inspection at the Meyers, Spooner or Alpine Meadows inspection station prior to launch. Decontamination fees will apply.