Come to the Inn by the Lake on Thursday May 23rd from 5:30pm-7:30pm to learn from the experts about aquatic invasive species prevention and control in the Lake Tahoe Region.
Representatives from the US Fish & Wildlife Service, CA State Parks, University of Nevada Reno, Lahontan Regional Water Quality Control Board, UC Davis, LTBMU Forest Service, Nevada Department of Wildlife, League to Save Lake Tahoe, Tahoe Resource Conservation District and the TRPA will all be there. Some of the topics being discussed will include:
- Aquatic weed control in Emerald Bay & the Tahoe Keys
- Asian clam control projects
- Volunteer and Stewardship opportunities in the Basin
- AIS prevention in the Truckee Region
- Nevada’s new AIS program
- the Tahoe Keepers Initiative.
Light refreshments will be provided. For more information contact Nicole Cartwright: 530.543.1501 ext. 111, firstname.lastname@example.org