Thursday December 8th: Cave Rock and Lake Forest are closed to due winter weather.
Inspections are available at Lake Forest and Cave Rock Boat Launch from October through April, open from 6am-4pm, daily, weather permitting.
HOLIDAY CLOSURES: Cave Rock and Lake Forest will be closed Christmas Day (12/25) and New Years Day (1/1).
- How much does the inspection cost? (Payable by Visa or Mastercard ONLY)
- Commercially transported boats: please click HERE for information about inspection requirements.
Roadside Inspection Stations:
|Alpine Meadows Inspection Station, CA Off of Hwy 89 (River Rd) on Alpine Meadows Rd in the Deer Park parking lot across from the Transfer Station.||Closed for the Season|
|Truckee-Tahoe Inspection Station, CA Off Hwy 267 and Truckee Airport Road, on Chandelle Way
||Closed for the Season|
|Meyers Inspection Station, CA 2175 Keetak Street, on the South Shore near the intersection of Highways 89 and 50. Turn on Pomo St. off of HWY 89.||Closed for the Season|
|Spooner Summit Inspection Station, NV Near the intersection of Hwy 28 and US 50, off of HWY 28 in the Snow Park area. Larger vessels over 30′ may have difficulty with turning radius.
||Closed for the Season|
|NOTE: Summer season is May 1-September 30BALLAST BOATS: All boats with Ballast Tanks require decontamination. To save yourself time and money please make sure they are dry and drained. Alpine and Meyers inspection stations have better infrastructure to handle ballast boats (more hoses and water). Please arrive before 5pm to provide ample time for the decontamination.|
Public Launch Ramps
ALL trailered watercraft must have an intact Tahoe wire inspection seal to launch.
Summer Season: May 1st – Sept. 30th Winter Season: Oct 1st – April 30th
|Sand Harbor (NV St. Parks)||CLOSED for the season|
|Cave Rock (NV St. Parks):||6am-4pm daily, inspections available here|
|Lake Forest (TCPUD) Credit Card payments ONLY.||6am-4pm daily, inspections available here|
|El Dorado (S. Lake Tahoe) (CSLT)||CLOSED for the season|
|Coon Street (Kings Beach) (NTPUD)
||CLOSED for the season|
|Tahoe Vista (National Ave) (NTPUD)||CLOSED for the season|
Private Launch Facilities
Please contact the following facilities directly for information on launching and hours of operation:
- North Tahoe Marina
- Sierra Boat Company
- Ski Beach Boat Ramp -IVGID
- Tahoe City Marina
- Sunnyside Marina
- Homewood Marina
- Obexer’s Marina
- Meeks Bay Marina- Closed for the season
- Camp Richardson Marina – No ramp or launching
- Tahoe Keys Marina
- Lakeside Marina
- Fallen Leaf Lake Marina – ATTENTION: All boats without a green Fallen Leaf Lake wire inspection seal must get an inspection at the Meyers, Spooner or Alpine Meadows inspection station prior to launch. Decontamination fees will apply.
- Echo Lake Chalet – ATTENTION: All boats without a yellow Echo Lake wire inspection seal must get an inspection at the Meyers, Spooner or Alpine Meadows inspection station prior to launch. Decontamination fees will apply.